What do you use to get deep set in stains out?

I had a leak in my basement and a box of my daughters' old clothes got all wet and now there are some stains in a few pieces. I've got everything sitting in a bucket of oxyclean but it isn't working for some of the darker, deeper stains. Any other suggestions?

xrussianbabe02

Asked by xrussianbabe02 at 2:08 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• tide
    Prego889

Answer by Prego889 at 2:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I've had luck with this: add a cup of white vinegar to enough water to soak the items, and soak them for a day. The acid from the vinegar loosens the bonds between the mildew and the fabric. After the soak, wash them with a decent detergent and more oxyclean. Good luck!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I use SHout! on everything
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Sol-U-Mel works on most stains - I've used it to get blood out, nail polish out of carpet, permanent marker off furniture and clothing and also on pet stains. Hope you find something that works. Good luck.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2010