He's fallen out of love with me...

My bf says that he's fallen out of love with me. I don't really believe him, he doesn't talk like he has. We've been fighting ALOT recently, I think both of us are just nervous now. We have a long distance relationship so we can't see each other... We are both really shy, and both submissive in our relationships. Nothing bad happened in our relationship, just a lot of he said/she said between each other. I've had a build up of bad family members and junk going on, so I stopped talking to him about it because I was afraid of running him off, he thought I didn't want to talk to him (when in fact I did) so he stopped talking to me. So he stopped so I stopped some more... By stopped I mean didn't talk as much as before... All that escalated into fighting because we were both frustrated.
My question.. We both want to fix it but neither is sure how. What are ways to fall in love again? P.S. We were excellent together for 9 months...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Phone make up sex!! Or you could have flowers sent to his house, or another present. Think of doing little things that you did in the beginning when it was just starting out. Good luck :)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 2:43 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Long distance relationships are hard hun. That's, unfortunately, the truth of the matter. Take it from someone who was deployed the same time as her bf (later husband). The biggest part of our relationship was based on communication and trust. Without those two things, we would have fallen apart before the first year was over. If you and he would like to work it out, you two are going to have to start doing a lot more that. Now, I'm sure you're asking "Um, we've been doing that, we long distance..duh!! So what do you mean?" What I mean is this: You two need to have a candid conversation about WHERE you would like this relationship to go; if for only to make sure you two are headed in the same direction. Once that's settled, then you can decide if this long distance thing is something you would like to continue. Sometimes it's better to have tried your best move on.
    spartica

Answer by spartica at 3:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I personally think long distance is set up to fail if you are not a strong couple with strong roots, and this seems like weak roots, so to speak. Have you considered moving closer to one another.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• If someone tells you something BELIEVE THEM... if he lives long distance from you and is saying he doesn't love you anymore... then you have to hear what he is saying and believe him. You can't just say that you don't and make it true. You have only been with this guy for 9months.... I know it is hard to move on, but I think you need to.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 5:44 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• COMMUNICATION is very important in a relationship and you all need to learn and have it if this relationship if you want this to work between you all. Stop the he said/ she said shit and communicate.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• All I can really offer about long distance relationships is my own experience. If there ever was a scientific study done on the hardest relationship, I believe this would be it. Relationships are hard in general but add in different factors such as distance, lack of trust and communication, and they are disastrous or can be. You have to communicate with eachother as if they were with you in your everyday life. Not doing that even for fear that you will "run them off" is one red flag alone. Since the distance and communication seem to be the issues you two are having I should say that you need to try harder in making him part of your everyday life. When the relationship starts to hit these bumps, it feels like more work than it should be and most of us give up on them or feel like we've fallen out of love because it isn't as easy as is used to be. If you both want to work on it, I'd say reopen the lines of communication first.
    RyleighsMoM3505

Answer by RyleighsMoM3505 at 3:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2010