What can I do the help my 11 month old feel better?

He has a cold, really runny nose and a temperature. I have given him tylenol and and been putting saline drops in his nose and using the aspirater- just wondering about anything else. He is allergic to VaporRub.

Asked by cmlowery at 4:34 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My mom is a pharmacist, and if you want to give him half a teaspoon (not much at all!) of childrens claritin it may help with the nasal drip...I know it is meant for allergies, but it also helps with leaky noses...My son currently has a terrible cold right now too, and I gave him a bit of claritin last night to help him sleep because the nasal leakage is causing him to caugh flem when he is lying down sleeping, it really did seem to help him. I also used a humidifier (the warm vapor ones) while he slept last night. Good luck, hope he feels better soon.

Answer by MommytoBabyCole at 4:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Popsicles are good fun for kids with fevers. It won't hurt him to have one...maybe you could share it with him? I think they even have some for younger children in the baby department but I could be wrong.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• The humidifier always helps Lainie sleep when she has a cold. We stick mainly to Tylenol, fluids, and lots of love and hugs. I let her watch her favorite shows to keep her settled in one place. =)

Answer by BugMom at 5:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2008