Anyone else having this prob?

Here's the deal. I asked my husband if he wanted to go to a bar with me . He said yeah. So I told him to get ready. Point is, he never got ready and instead went out and bought himself some beer and is now dancing and singing and very drunk. He's woken up the kids and has the music very loud. I am now extremely angry!! Now, he very rarely gets drunk, but when he does he is very annoying and obnoxious. And the worst part, I can't sleep. Pretty much, I'm just venting but any advice on how to keep sane?

manifer_momma

Asked by manifer_momma at 3:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Well I don't think you'll get my answer until morning, so make him pay in the a.m. through his hang over! Make him get up early with the kids, be unsympathetic to his nausea and headaches. Insist that he do some really gross chore like cleaning the gutters or scrubbing the outside garbage cans. Haha!

My husband doesn't really get like that when he drinks, but he doesn't often get really really drunk. On a rare occasion - usually some kind of celebration - he'll get drunk and then think that whiskey shots are a great idea (he's Irish). When that does happen, there's no talking to him. He's worse than a mule. He won't stop no matter what he is doing. Ugg, I hate those occasions! I always make him pay in the morning...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:00 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I guess I would turn off his music and tell him to drink some coffee or water because he's being annoying. Drunks can comprehend simple words, he'll understand annoying, he'll understand he has kids, and maybe he'll pipe down a bit.

GL
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 3:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Lol... Sorry my only thought was enticing him into the bedroom and letting him pass out while you "got ready".
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 3:46 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Okay would you much rather have him act like this is the home or out in the bar. I don't have that problem but if i am or my hubby is gonna make an ass out of himself I would much rather do it at home. For the fact that he woke the children up that is a little to much and the music needs to get turned down and he need to quite down make him something to eat and take the beer away from him and allow him to pass out where ever. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• First I'd like to say that I'm sorry that you're going through this. Not to speak ill of the drunken, but I would like to say that that was a very selfish act on your husband's part. MY HUSBAND has never done anything of the sort. But, past boyfriends have and usually it was due to their acute lack of maturity and selfishness (which walk hand in hand). The sad part about it is you can't even go and explain to him how rude he's being because a drunk person rarely truely understands. What I would suggest to you is that you go and sleep with the kids or bring them into your room. Make it a night and lock him out until he sobers up. It's best that you not expose the kids to this type of behavior and also that you not upset yourself already more than you are. Keep your cool and just chill. In the morning, things will seem clearer. That would be the best time to have a talk with your husband about it. NOT NOW. It will only get worse
    spartica

Answer by spartica at 3:24 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• @ dmdblleb...lol, thanks that made me laugh.
    manifer_momma

Comment by manifer_momma (original poster) at 3:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Your options.

1. Go to bed
    2. If you can't beat'm, join'm
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 5:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2010