Cursing in lyrics

If the bible says that you shouldn't curse, is it okay to listen to heavy metal that curses a lot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• ummmm i do and i dont think i am damned, you shoud listen to my music ,look up on you tube the dresden dolls missed me, i think that if you are good natured then you are ok, and i belive i am very good nature, i just like to be different, not that i am saying i curse all the time, but sometimes it slips out, its ok it happens who is really perfect???
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 3:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Where exactly does it say you cannot curse in the bible?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:01 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• NO! Cursing is a sin, Listening to it is also sinful. See James 3:10
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 4:11 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Some cursing is a sin. If you are that religious it should carry over to all areas of your life and you shouldn't want to hear cursing and won't want to listen to heavy metal.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• If you feel like it is a sin, then you shouldn' do it.

I don't know if it is a sin or not, but I try not to listen to music with cursing it it simply because I don't care for it. You have to do what you think it best.

Mama291024

Answer by Mama291024 at 5:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Well, taking the lord's name in vain is also a no-no, so that also means no listening to music or watching TV or hanging out with friends if anyone has a tendancy to say "oh my god" or "jesus christ!" an it's not in a religous context. And if you hear a stranger cuss in public, you'd better give them what for! You probably shouldn't be eating in restaraunts, either, because someone there might be committing gluttony.

If listening to music with cursing makes you uncomfortable, don't do it... but if you really think your god would call you a sinner for listening to SOMEONE ELSE swearing, then you have a lot more than that to be paranoid about. I personally doubt god cares one way or the other whether you listen to Amy Grant or Anthrax, but that's just my opinion.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 1:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• speaking it, listening to it, thinking it, all = the same sin. So no.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 2:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2010