2 kids need help

Ok I have 2 boys 4 months and 3 yrs old I want 2 have a mommy and son day @ the beach or zoo. How can I not have break down aand what should I bring the must haves. Plz help

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 4:10 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would say zoo, it's going to be easier on you and more entertaining for them. Bring a double stroller if you have it, since the 4 year old might get tired of walking. Bring easy, non messy snacks, drinks, etc. Maybe a ball or something for the 4 year old to play with if you have to take a break to feed the baby. I did things like that with 2 boys 20 months apart, so I know exactly what you are worried about lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:13 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• i would say beach, i live on a beach and go almost every day and the kids can swim or play in the sand, i bring a big blanket to relax on and i pack a lunch and plenty to drink, and a book for me to read while they take their breaks, and i bringwhat i call the sandy blanket so they can sit on it drenched or sandy and i shake it off as needed and then we have th big comfy blanket to relax on
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 4:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• my kids are 14 months apart and my son still isnt four, kids need to walk and play not tied down in a stroller, i dont know a single four year old that gets tired of walking if your having fun
    emleejanedom

Answer by emleejanedom at 4:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I took care of 3 kids 24/7 by myself (single, disabled mom) and we went places all the time. We went camping and would drive from IN to FL to visit my mom when they were little. We home schooled. It should be easy to take 2 kids somewhere for a day. If it isn't fun and easy, it is possible to learn how to make it fun and easy to take your kids anywhere.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2010