What the heck is Fireproof?????

Ok yes, I know. Its a movie about some guy saving his marriage. I know that there is a 40 day challenge thing... But what does he do? What are some of the challenge's? I've tried googling, and I swear there is nothing on the website's! Any of them! I don't really intend to try Fireproof-ing or anything, I'm just dying to know what it is... And what kind of things he does... Wash the car, put a new roof on the house, tell his wife she doesn't look like a cow... What?

Tes...Jacksmami

Asked by Tes...Jacksmami at 4:18 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• It's simple stuff really...like one day you're not allowed to say ANYTHING negative about your spouse. Do something you wouldn't normally do...call just to see how your spouse is doing...take time to learn about your spouses dreams...those are just a few I remember off the top of my head (we have the book, and the movie). Again, it's simple stuff, but often times when trouble arises in a marriage we forget to do these things, and it all just ends up in a downward spiral. It also has strong Christian beliefs/influences, so if you're not religious it might not be worth it since that's what it's based upon.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 4:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• You can buy the book "The Love Dare" it's a great book and it works but you have to stick through it.

http://www.lovedarestories.com/

Heres the site. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 4:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Here's a couple examples I found at this website... http://www.klove.com/BLOG/post/2010/01/14/Love-Dare-Day-9.aspx They're beginning ones so not the best but it gives you an idea all the same.

Think of a specific way you’d like to greet your spouse today. Do it with a smile and with enthusiasm. Then determine to change your greeting to reflect your love for them.

Do something out of the ordinary today for your spouse --- something that proves (to you and to them) that your love is based on your choice and nothing else. Demonstrate love to them for the sheer joy of being their partner in marriage.

What need does your spouse have that could meet today? Choose a gesture that says, “I cherish you” and do it with a smile.

Demonstrate love by willingly choosing to give in to an area of disagreement between you and your spouse. Tell them you are putting their preference first.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 4:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I'd like to know what it is a little before I buy it, I've heard so much about it! But NO ONE will tell me what the dares are.... I'd like to know what kind of dares there are in it...
    Tes...Jacksmami

Comment by Tes...Jacksmami (original poster) at 4:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Google the book. See what comes up.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:43 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I love the book fireproof.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• You can go to the bookstore and look at it. It has been recommended to me so many times but I'm not Christian so I didn't really see the point. I would like to see the movie though.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:58 AM on Jul. 11, 2010