has anyone ever had a miscarriage and then felt like the pregnancy was completly forgotten

i had a miscarriage in jan. i was 20 weeks along.. i bought a carseat and everything. the due date was in june.... and i feel like the whole thing was forgotten by friends and family. i have moved forward and im grateful for the son i have.. but its weird to think that i was suppose to have newborn right now. and the baby is just gone.

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 5:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I have.

I am so, so, sorry for your loss. I cannot cmprehed how devestating that must be. I lost my baby at 7 weeks so no where near as far along as you. People just didn't understand why i was so upset. I was barely pregnant, to them that is. I had known since conception that I would be pregnant. I had names picked out and you dream, you imagine, you plan your future.

I did a lot of talking about it and eventually people realised that it was important to me and gave the care I needed.

((hugs))
    M2TandM

Answer by M2TandM at 5:46 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• First of all, I'm so sorry for your loss. No one should ever have to deal with that.

Now, don't think for a second that anyone has forgotten your baby. They haven't forgotten, they just don't know what to do or say about it. They don't want to make you sad. I have two very dear friends who have had miscarriages in the past year. I think about they babies they've lost quite often but, I know there's nothing I can say to make it better. All I can do is be a good friend to them so that's what I do. I'm sure that's the way your family and friends feel.
    sadiesmom87

Answer by sadiesmom87 at 5:49 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Losing a baby is a painful thing, and I've never forgotten the one I lost. I'm sorry it happened. I'm praying for you.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 7:18 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I'm sorry, I know how you feel. I remember thinking to myself, "why isn't the world grieving with me?" I could hear life go on right outside of my hospital door- nurses laughing and talking, people walking up and down the hall, and I just wanted to scream.

I am so sorry you lost your baby.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 7:25 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I have but I wasnt far enough along for anyone one to remember or care :( I was only 8 weeks :( Me and my husband remember and a part of us will always grieve over what was not meant to be or what could have been :( Sorry for the loss of your baby ((HUGS))
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 8:21 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• i lost my baby on june17 2009 n i will never forget the day, it was on my exact 14 weeks prego day!....me n my hubby c my friends who have 1 yr olds n know we should have one to but god has a plan for everyone so guess it just wasnt our time to have a baby, fortunatly i am prego right now and am at 12 weeks so we r hopin n prayin its sucessful....its a hard thing to go thru but keep your head high n mayb ur fam n friends dont wanna talk cuz they dont wanna upset u, my hubby stored all our baby stuff for months so i wouldnt havta c it after the loss....people cope in diffrent ways i guess!...goodluck and sry for ur loss
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 10:09 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I am so sorry for your loss. I have had a miscarriage and everyone feels badly but they "move on" much faster than you will. It is the same with a death. People feel you should be "over it" much sooner than it really takes to grieve. Each person heals differently and it is your personal story. Sometimes writing down your feelings and thoughts in a journal can be very helpful. Especially when you want to express yourself more. I wish you all the best.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:47 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• group hug

MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I feel this way about both of my losses. Even worse, my husband seems to have forgotten as well. It is something I will remember for the rest of my life and even though I have moved on, as a mother of three, I will always feel like I have five! =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:22 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I'm sorry for you loss. I doubt its that everyone has forgotten but they probably don't know what to say. If they kept talking about it, you would feel as though it was still ever present but if they don't say anything, you feel as if they have forgotten. Its a lose lose situation.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2010