Who was at fault?

Yesterday, we had our annual picnic at my mom's. DH and I went in separate cars. I get there, a little before my DH, get my son out of my van and start taking the stuff out that I brought. I REALLY had to pee, but my dad got to the BR 1st. So I went out where my DH and SD were bringing stuff in. He told me to go get stuff, and I told him I had to pee. By the time I was out, he had already brought everything in. At the end of the day, I asked him if he wanted my help with stuff because I had to leave to let some dogs out that I'm watching. He sits there, looks at me and says, "you know where my truck is." I said, "so you're gonna sit on your butt and have me do it all?" He tells me yes just like I did when he got there. I got SOOOO mad! I was doing stuff since the second I got there! I was pissed and reacted, when I should have just left. But I think it was wrong to say that to me. What would you have done?

JGRIMMER

Asked by JGRIMMER at 8:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• He is feeling upset probably because he is injured right now and can't work. You are supersensitive too maybe because of having to do more work at home because he is hurt. I have had a shoulder injury and I couldn't do a lot of lifting and pulling for a while....it hurts. Sometimes when its little stuff it is best to let it go. Hang in there Mama.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:54 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• both of you were wrong.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:56 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Well, neither one of you were right, that's for sure!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:18 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• both of you were being petty and immature. Let it go.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I'd say "Next time I will pee in your truck." But I am mean like that. :P Sorry you had to go through that.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 8:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• It sounds like the "extra FYI" is a little off the subject. I agree with DarkFaery in this example, and any other information is irrelevant.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• "And a little extra, FYI, my DH is out of work do to a shoulder injury, so I work, come home to a sink full of dishes and all kinds of other crap to do, but he folded 1/2 the laundry he says proudly (during 3 days time!). "

there you go- he's probably irritated by the change, and it was probably painful for him to move that stuff. though he very well may not want to admit it.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:07 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I'd talk to him about it. ask him what the problem was.
    my guess he's irritated about something else. Maybe to do with you, maybe not. He may not even know.
    I'd just ask him if there's something he wants to talk about, if he says no, then tell him to come to you if he does. otherwise I'd just let it go.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:02 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Wrong to feel the way the two of you did? No but insensitive toward the other, yes. Both of you should have been more sensitive but let it go. It's worth wasting energy over it. Do better next time.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• You were both wrong.. It was stupid and petty (IMO).. Apologize and get over it..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 10:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2010