Baby eating poo?

So... this morning I went in to get my 11 month old out of his crib when he woke up. He was VERY unhappy and his diaper was barely hanging on. I laid him on his changing table and saw something in his mouth. He had poo in there! I got all I could out with my finger but I dont know if I got it all.

My question is, is this anything to worry about? I dont know if its normal or anything... Hes never done it before!

Aqua_Jen

Asked by Aqua_Jen at 8:45 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son did that when he was little. I freaked out LOL called the pedi. They said that as long as it was his poop it was OK, nothing in it was anything he didn't already have in him. So no worries momma! It's just normal curiosity.

There's nothing they would do anyways even if he ate someone or something else's poop, they'd just tell you to watch him later in case he gets a virus or something from it.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:52 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• That was kinda what I thought. Im not worried about it hurting him or anything... It was just disturbing.
    Aqua_Jen

Comment by Aqua_Jen (original poster) at 9:08 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My son did that once. Only not only was it on his mouth it was also smeared all over his crib and toys and everything else. It was so disgusting!
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:24 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• aww im sorry mayb etry to put him in a onesie or footy pj's so he cant get his hands in there and prevent it from happening again
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 2:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• We usually put him in pjs but it was wayyy too hot and he kept sweating and couldnt sleep so we had him in just a diaper. We're not panicky people. Just wanted to make sure it wasnt too off the wall.
    Aqua_Jen

Comment by Aqua_Jen (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2010