6 month baby

My baby throws up milk all the time, if she drinks 5 oz, she would throw up like 3 oz, she doesnt do this with all the meals, but 2 to 3 times a weeks she would do this. What can it be, please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My best advice is take her to the Doctor. Tell them what is going on. It could be something simple or more complex. Yet either way, the doctors would know what to do to help her.
    CloudWeaver

Answer by CloudWeaver at 9:54 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• talk to her doctor. could be reflux or could be an allergy or intolerance. My kids had to have lactose free formula & my daughter had reflux
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• my son does that and he has gerd. which is acid reflux.
    Trinity0820

Answer by Trinity0820 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My 8 month old only drink 2-3 oz of breastmilk at a time... so maybe you're giving him too much?
    MDT09

Answer by MDT09 at 11:01 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My son did the same thing, he eventually had to start taking medication for it, which helped tremendously.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My son did the same until we switched him to "gentle" formula... your little one also might have acid reflux or an allergy. My youngest neice had acid reflux AND had allergies AND is lactose intolerant... it took SIL awhile and some trial-and-error to find something that worked. Keep an eye on your baby's weight and make sure she is not losing any, and call your doctor. Good luck!
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• If your baby only does it 2-3 times a week then it is no problem. Babies with reflux do it much more often, usually many times a day. You might need to keep burping your baby even though baby is older. Your baby may need a different kind of nipple or bottle now.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2010