Did you plant a vegetable garden this year?

I am so mad at myself because I didn't, other than my herb garden.. I was out of state for two weeks right around the time I should have planted, and then put it off when I got home and now there are just weeds and I have been too lazy or hot too get out there and fool with it. I know there are later summer things I could plant, but I just haven't done it.
What did you plant this year? How is the harvest so far?

KTMOM

Asked by KTMOM at 10:10 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We just have three tomato plants in pots and one with basil. No room for a garden on the property. Don't be mad at yourself!! Enjoy your herbs. Maybe this is the summer to read a few good books!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• No, I didn't. We are moving at the end of the summer, and it would've gone completely to waste. I'm sad tho, I miss it. The house I'm moving into has a garden tho.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:12 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• We didn't. At the beginning of the growing season my grandmother was put into hospice and then sent home for home hospice care and I am pregnant. Hubby didn't want the extra work of tending a garden. It makes sense.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 10:11 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I was so looking forward to doing so many things in my yard. I got really bad poison Ivy the first time I did yard work, that was 2 months ago & 3 Dr. visits later I still have it, it's almost gone but I think I need more medicine for another week because it's still under my left palm skin.(a little)
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 10:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• No. I wish I had had time to plant one. Plus even if I did, my dog would probably mess it up like he did last year. I didn't get hardly any vegetables last year.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• All I ever do is herbs. I did put in a couple of peppers for a change this year, and DH is growing his tomatoes in a pot, but in general, I'm not a veggie grower.
    SusanTheWriter

Answer by SusanTheWriter at 10:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• We have our home garden, which isn't ready for picking yet (we have a later frost date May 15th.) Our tomatoes are starting to set fruit as well as the cucumbers and the peppers. Damn rabbits ate the entire cantaloup plant and who knows what the potatoes are doing.
    We also have a plot in a community garden that we helped to found. DH said everything was looking good, but I haven't been over there since we left town a month ago. We have pumpkin, watermelon and more tomatoes over there.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:19 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• yes, we planted a veggie garden and for the first time in 2 years it is doing great. I have broccoli, cucumbers, peas, green beans, tomatoes, peppers, cabbage, watermelon, and zuccini and many many weeds. lol
    mlrjbuzz

Answer by mlrjbuzz at 10:19 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I wish I had my own house so I could plant a garden! One day...
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 10:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Yes I did. It won't be time to harvest for another month yet.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:22 AM on Jul. 11, 2010