Are there any people of color who are not bothered by racial profiling?

With the topic of racial profiling being so prominent in the news lately because of the Arizona law, I was wondering are there people of minority groups (hispanic, African American, Asian, Middle-Eastern) who are not bothered by racial profiling? You hear a lot from members of minorities who are offended by it (understandably of course). But, I wonder if there are people who don't really mind if members of their ethnicity are targeted for extra screening at airports, questioning at the border, etc. I ask because I honestly don't think it would bother me, but then again I'm white, so that's easy for me to say.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• It WOULD bother me, I am white. I would consider it a violation of my civil rights, the very thing that makes this country great.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I think racial profiling is wrong.

However, if a man (regardless of color) with three teardrop tattoos on his face happens to be in the area of a murder, and he happens to have several other noticable gang bits about him, the police should be able to question him and not worry about it being considered profiling.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• However, if a man (regardless of color) with three teardrop tattoos on his face happens to be in the area of a murder, and he happens to have several other noticable gang bits about him, the police should be able to question him and not worry about it being considered profiling.

That isn't racial [rofiling, that is reasonable suspicion. Driving While Black is racial profiling....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Sometimes people think it's driving while black even if they are guilty of an infraction... like tailgating me so close I thought the officer was pulling ME over...
    We both pulled off to the side, the officer went to the car behind me first, I'd already rolled my window down and had my stuff out... and I hear the guy yell, what am i guilty of driving while black... and the officer said no sir, you were tailgating and your right tail light was out."
    the guy said, yeah, right. The officercalled for back up, and told me to move on. I was sad that the officer was being treated that way for doing his job.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:55 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• lovin, here's an example.

My hubby was going to work. He was followed into his WORK parking lot. He approached my hubby as he was getting out of his car and asked for his license and registration...My hubby complies and says was I speeding? NO,. Did I miss a stop sign? NO...So why did you follow me? He them asks my hubby WHAT he was doing there (which was evident as my hubby had a SHIRT with the name of the SMPLOYER on it) Then says well I RAN YOUR TAGS and they don't match your vehicle (WHY DID HE RUN THE TAGS?) So my hubby says he just bought the car a couple weeks ago and shows him all the paper work STILL IN THE GLOVE BOX...

So the cop says...well IM JUST GOING TO RUN YOUR LICENSE TO MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO WARRANTS

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:02 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Sweet, they do that to white people to. It's one of the things they do when they are having a slow day, they run random tags. And they have to run the license of everyone they pull over. It's something they started doing a long time ago.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Heck, I was searched at an airport about 5 years ago and I am awhite gramma. Hehe. I don't think I looked suspicious. :-) But I was once a sales person at Sears down on a southern state, trying to earn money and have something to put on a resume, but working with all african american women who snubbed me and thought I was a white rich bitch.Ha, if they only knew.....I was getting ready to leave my husband who controlled all our money and gave me a "food allowance"....ugh. Personally,I was poor, Anyway, I felt like a minority ...not pleasant. I was so nervous I thought I was getting an ulcer.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

Thats BS,  Ihave never nor my sisters mother cousins aunts...Have you ever been pulled over and asked where your going? then asked WHY YOU WERE IN THE LEFT LANE SO LONG? Im guessing no. I sure haven't. I have never been stopped by a cop UNLESS I was speeding or one time for a stop sign....NEVER

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Anyway, I felt like a minority ...not pleasant. I was so nervous I thought I was getting an ulcer.

That is a very interesting thought you shared..imagine living that everyday...

Glad you left that control freak! : )

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:19 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Heck, I was searched at an airport about 5 years ago and I am awhite gramma.

Airport is different , they have to do random checks......Sure you weren't smuggling something in your gRANNY PANTIES?? LOL

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2010