Laptop lunches - Do you like them?

My son will be starting Kindergarten this year and I've been searching for an easy lunch setup for him. I came across "laptop lunches" and would like to purchase a system for him. Before I do I wanted to get other mom's opinions that have actually used them first. Thanks!
http://www.laptoplunches.com/

vnw1405

Asked by vnw1405 at 10:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Ah ha! found it! here it is on amazon.  Only mine is pink for DD and Blue for DS.  Ix and match how I use the containers.  Somtines there is no container on one side of the main box just 2 sandwich halves.  Sometimes I use all 3 inner containers.  Sometimes I do Spaghetti noodles in the larger sauce in one of the smaller and apple sauce in the other smaller.  I love I can mix it up and it's small.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Scooby Doo lunchbox works the same, I think.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 10:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Those look super cool, lol...I might have to look into them for DS and DD.
    Ezranight

Answer by Ezranight at 10:21 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• those are cute, but too expensive for me, you can use other plastic ware and do basically the same thing for cheaper.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I would like to have for when my son is older. They are expensive though.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 10:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• They are the same concept as the Japanese Bento Boxes (Bento means "take out" in Japanese). I have don't have any bento boxes but I have thought about ordering one. If you want the same concept but a little cheaper, I have found the same things for around $12 but they have Japanese designs on them. Just type in "Japanse Bento Lunch Boxes" into Google.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I have something similar to that that I use for my kids at daycare/school. I got it at target for 9.99. It is admittedly smaller but seems to hold enough food. I try to find it and post it here
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Those are pretty cool. I would get it for my daughter or at least something similar that's maybe not as expensive.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• like them
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 3:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Holy cow. I just looked at the price on the one you are looking at! There is no way I would pay that much. Honestly I have already had to buy replacement containers for the cheap ones I bought. Lids or containers don't make it home or that go missing and then turn up moldy. that, for me would be to much to sped on something with so many 'little parts' that can easily disappear when a younger child is 'in charge' of it. Maybe your child is different but I am sure there is a less expensive alternative even if you think the one I use is to small.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2010