Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

howcan i get my daughters father to stop being so mean?

ok so my daughters father is thinking that im living with another man. and i have been only dating this guy for 6 months now and her father is calling me a liar and saying that im living with him and saying that he needs to pay forhalie ifim living with him. and its not true yes i go over to his place and we go swimming and watch movies and all that but we never stayed at his place is there any way that i can make him believe that im not living with my boyfriend... and i know people are going to say that i shouldnt be dating or bring her around another man but i have not been with her father sense shewas born and ihave not dated another guy until now and this guy is treating me and her like queens. so i dont want those people answering this question cause all your going to do is be rude

Answer Question

Asked by southernmomm586 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 2 (6 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • you know, it doesn't matter if you are living with another man or not, your child's father STILL needs to support his child. That comment by him is just total B.S!

    If you haven't done so already, get the child support court ordered. That way he has to pay no matter what or go to jail, he can't make up these lame excuses, because that's all it sounds like to me is a reason to not support his child.

    Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • I don't know how you can get him to stop accusing you of things.... All you can do is tell him the truth and explain that he needs to still be a dad and do what he is supposed to do for his daughter.

    Answer by KTMOM at 10:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • Who cares what he thinks? Your daughter is HIS child too.. Legally he has to pay to support her.. Even if you were living with your boyfriend, he isn't responsible for another man's child..
    Let him be as mean as he wants, believe what he wants, think what he wants.. Doesn't change the fact that he has to support his kid..

    Answer by Ren_Ren at 10:49 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • Ignore him, thats what I would do, nothing gets a man attention like ignoring him, what he have to say, untill he starts making sense. It depends on what kind of man he his. And dont listen to others, if u n ur dh is happy, thats all that matters good luck.

    Answer by supermom2005 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • Like the first poster said, make sure that all child support is court ordered, if it's not then there's not much you can do really, but once it's a court order then he has to pay, period, or the court will deal with him.

    Answer by heratyc at 10:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • There is nothing you can do to make someone believe something. You need to just let him be and not worry about what he thinks. He is jealous that you are getting on with your life and that you are happy.

    Answer by Cindy18 at 11:05 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • Stop trying to prove things to him, you don't have to. When he brings up your personal life ignore it and change the subject. Make sure support is ordered, even if you end up moving in with your bf the ex is still financially responsible to help with his own kid.

    Answer by -BrokenBeauty- at 11:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • He has not business knowing where you live, or who you are living with. Just keep yourself and your baby safe!

    Answer by mistical_me at 11:24 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • Really Momma you do not have to justify yourself to him. Tell him if you are not here to discuss plans for daughter and after tell him if has nothing nice to say he should leave. You are only dating him and he is the father of your daughter. My mom had to be forceful with my dad as well. GL Momma

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

  • You do not owe him an explantation, so who cares what he thinks. Let him believe what he wants, this is your life, not his. GL

    Answer by buzymamaof3 at 1:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.