Blacking out when standing up

I know some people get dizzy when they are pregnant as well as around their cycle. For people who deal with it, is there anything they take or do to make it less frequent?

Pumelo

Asked by Pumelo at 10:55 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Health

• Stand up slowly, stay very hydrated, and eat a small protein/carb combo every two or three hours.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• for me that always happened because of low blood pressure which was normally because of dehydration.
    Drink LOTS of water daily! should help
    Anemia can also be the cause of this. So get your doctor to check for that.

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:58 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Please go to the doctor asap tell him this could be a warning for high blood pressure.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• It's usually related to either a sudden drop in blood pressure or dehydration. For starters, drinking enough water and getting up slowly from a lying position will help. But I would have your OB check you out. Tell her what your symptoms are and she can help..
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I have the same experiences. I noticed that I only got that "dizzy" feeling accompanied with a black cloud blocking my vision kind of thing was when I would go long periods of time without eating or drinking anything. And this would happen if I was lying down on a couch for just a few minutes! Crazy but I'd stay just get all your nutrition and drink lots of water. That helped me.
    Rosxjun

Answer by Rosxjun at 12:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Thanks everyone for the thoughts. I am always drinking water, do have low blood pressure, and am anemic (yay for me) I will def head to the Dr. anyway, just cuz you never know.
    Pumelo

Comment by Pumelo (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Jul. 11, 2010