Sex.

I'm not a person to judge, I was always the friend in the group that didn't have meaningless sex with people. I just would rather have the emotional/mental connection as well rather than just sex. If anything, I never knew how to seperate sex and emotions.
After quite a few negative encounters with relationships I just said screw it (quite literally) and didn't date. If something happened, it happened.
I have had a daughter (her dad and I were together for a long time so it wasn't a random person) and now feel like I want a relationship/the whole package before sex becomes a factor.
How do you view sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The same way as you, but to each their own.
    -BrokenBeauty-

Answer by -BrokenBeauty- at 11:13 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I am leaving a relationship where there has been no sex for the last nine years and to me sex is just as important as the rest but to each their own. If this is how you feel you should look for someone who feels the same way. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• There has to be some sort of emotional connection. I have had a couple one timers, but we were friends for a long time, and still are friends. Just something that happened once, and would never happen again.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 11:18 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• it's changed as I got older. I was kind of repressed as a teenager, and went a little crazy the first time I did anything...Now I NEED the connection, too, but it's because my husband and I just work so well together. Does that make sense?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:19 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Honestly, before I met SO, I had several flings/ one night stands. But I was young and having fun. After I met SO and learned how great having that emotional connection is I would never want to go back to how it was before. It means so much more when you really love someone.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I think when you are older and have a child your priorities change. They have to-you have someone relying on you and it's too dangerous in this day and age to just be "sleeping around". Sex/relationships are a personal matter-you have to feel comfortable no matter what you choose to do. Listen to your heart-don't do anything you are uncomfortable with. Respect yourself-you deserve nothing less. :-)
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• The above does make sense. I think when you find someone that you have such a (great) connection with, you don't want anything less. As for having a baby, I think my point of view on sex has changed. To the degree that I made something beautiful from...sex...that it's a lot more meaningful. It doesn't mean I don't want sex though. I'm single right now and there was someone I "got together with" but I didn't really have feelings and it didn't matter. The weird thing is, I like someone right now and I don't want to sleep with him until we have something going on....why is that?
    careph

Answer by careph at 11:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I definitely don't think I could be one to have casual sex, but I guess everyone is "wired" differently.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:24 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I always had to have that emotional connection when I met my husband it was there than came sex I like it like that it so much more meaningful Find someone who feels the same as you GoodLuck!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 11:35 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• well I dunno, i've been married 19 years lol. But if I were single. I would probably be the opposite, I wouldn't want to "date" anyone for a long time, I just wouldn't have the patience to deal with most of the me out there. But I would probably have a friend with benefits on rare occasions.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:36 AM on Jul. 11, 2010