What federal law is on the books right now that you think shouldn't exist?

I have a whole list...

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 11:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The restrictions of DADT are mandated by federal law...its unconstitutional IMO

DOMA

Drug laws

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:25 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• DOMA and DADT--both infringe on personal rights and are an infringement of privacy. I had a lovely talk with a grand friend--who happens to be gay and fortunate enough to have been one of the 18K who managed to get married legally in CA. She and her wife have been together for 15 years! My ex husband and I couldn't make it that long.

How is it some can proclaim to want the government out of their lives (laws about food, smoking, health, etc), but insist on supporting laws that tell others what to do with their lives (gay marriage, serving in the military)? Since the constitution isn't a religious document or translation of theological dogma, denying rights to a few simply because one disagrees is ignorant at best and hypocritical, period.

Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• DOMA
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Oh gosh I have a ton of them.

Obamacare
    Patriot Act
    Most any "pork" law
    US Tax Code

I gotta stop, I'll give myself a headache....
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Loving, if you are too scared to debate maybe you should go bake some bread or something. Get off the computer if you feel you can not hack it with us.

***

rolling on floor

Thanks for the laugh...I needed it!!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Ladies- My head hurts. It bothers me that we can not offer our own opinions without the out and out attack. I already did a round of that on the issue of immigration this AM. Just because someone does not agree with your POV, does mean that they dislike you, wish that you would drop off the face of the Earth or are evil.

I wish that points were taken off when a poster goes off topic and brings in a hot button issue. There are people who like to bring in certain topics to every.single.discussion. (not referring to this ?, just in general).

Q-Hey do you think red dye #5 use should be regulated in the food industry?
    A-I think all abortions should be illegal-that's what the government should be worried about.

I doubt anyone is going to change anyone else's mind of some of these subjects-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• and a bunch of others but, that one really bugs me!
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Copyiright infringment LOL no I am kidding!!! That is a needed law. Anyway to be serious ummm drug laws!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Oops, lol. I was the anon that keeps getting voted down. Yep, that's me!! I hit the anon button by accident! I'm pro-life and don't believe that abortion should be legal. I don't think it should be a choice to kill an unborn baby Go ahead and vote me down because I have an opinion that you don't agree with! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Loving, are you anti-death penalty too?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2010