ants

is there any homeremedies for getting rid of ants in your house---i know i have seen some before but cant seem to find them
thanks

jdmyangel

Asked by jdmyangel at 11:25 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Cinnamon and cucumber peels!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I HATE ants in my home!!! If you can find where they are coming in from, cover the hole with toothpaste-it will prevent them from coming back in-at least in that spot anyway.
    Keep your home free from any stray food bits-that is usually what attracts them....
    I have used those ant baits...you know the little square with food/poison in them? They take the poison back to the group and it kills all of them. It's not a home remedy but it has worked for me and they are relatively inexpensive.....
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I don't know if any work.. I've heard of pouring vinegar in ant hills, sprinkling cayenne pepper on ant hills. And that a ant won'tt cross a chalk line or over cucumber peels. These are things I read. But I don't know? Some say they work and others say they don't! They're all I know off the top of my head! I hate Ants too! I got some in my sugar cubes! I had to have Cancer & survive a surgery to get these sugar cubes rewards. Dang* Ants! Good luck to you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Powder Cream of Wheat......it's toxic if ants eat it and they normally won't cross it. Just sprinkle it where they're coming in at and it won't harm pets and your kids!!!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My brother said cornmeal worked like a charm. You can try it; it doesn't cost much. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 9:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2010