Are there any gluten free alcohols?

My husband just had to start a gluten free diet and we still learning about it but we have a camping trip planned for this week and while everyone is relaxing by the fire with a beer my husband won't. I just wondered if there was anything he could drink that is gluten free. Not that he can't have a good time without it i was just wondering.

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• By watching The View. I heard Elisabeth comment there is one out there! I'm sorry I don't know where. I hope its good and you can find it!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Anything that contains distilled alcohol is acceptable. Because beer is created using wheat/grains, it will contain some gluten. Here is a good website that I've linked to the kinds of alcohols that are acceptable.

http://www.celiac.com/articles/222/1/Gluten-Free-Alcoholic-Beverages/Page1.html

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:36 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My daughter has Celiac disease and I think she drinks wine and wine cololers and cider--hard cider..etc. Just Google it--there are sites for those who need a gluten-free diet.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:37 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• They make sorghum beer. And Wine is usually okay.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:40 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Screw drivers yummy
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 1:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• rain vodka and cirroc vodka.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• http://www.glutenfreedrinks.com/
    Armygrl1

Answer by Armygrl1 at 10:00 AM on Jul. 13, 2010