What in the world could be wrong with my leg? Have any of you ever experienced this?

I have been having this really weird sensation in my right leg, on the side of my calf, down near my ankle. It feels like a popping or snapping sensation, followed by burning under the skin for a few seconds. It only happens when I do something that stretches my leg... like bending over, pushing on the brake when I'm driving, etc. I looked it up online and the article I read described it perfectly: "feeling of a rubber band snapping in the layer of tissue between skin and muscle."

The only problem is.... ALL of the articles I read said that it said that it can be a sign of menopause. I am 22 yrs old so I know THAT'S not what it is. LOL. But I can't find any info on it other than that.

So, my question is... have any of you ever experienced this? If so, what was the problem? It is driving me crazy! And it really hurts! And I know everyone is gonna tell me to see a doctor but I don't have a family doctor ...

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Health

• so I can't do that right now. I am in the process of looking for a doctor but it will take a while to get my first appointment and everything.
    JenMarie2007

Comment by JenMarie2007 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• local urgent care?????
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• A walk-in center perhaps. It could be your achilles tendon. I highly doubt its a sign of menopause. Have you tried iceng/heating it? You could also try a chiropractor, most take walk-ins.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 11:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Find your walk in local clinic. Don't let this go too long. best wishes
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I would go to a walk in clinic, such as urgent care
    victoriamom2007

Answer by victoriamom2007 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2010