So I am not drinking caffeine

Because we are ttc. But since I started AF. Is it okay if I have some caffeine this week? Thanks ladies

Nessasmomma

Asked by Nessasmomma at 11:43 AM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I drank caffine all through my pregnancy's and before my pregnancies. Kids are fin
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:44 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I cut down on the amount of caffeine I drank during my pregnancy but I still had some. I think a certain amount of it is still healthy.
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 11:47 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Does caffeine make it harder to conceive or are you avoiding it to keep the baby from having any?
    If it's the second one, then you don't have to worry about it since you got the monthly. Go for it.
    I've never heard anything about no caffeine until I came on here. My doctor even told me that a little a day was fine, so I had a soda and a couple cups of coffee a day while pregnant. Why is it supposed to be bad?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I read an article that says that 40 percent more people miscarriage while drinking even a little caffeine.
    Nessasmomma

Comment by Nessasmomma (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Jul. 11, 2010

• *which i know I can't since im not pregnant but I dont know how long it stays in your system :)
    Nessasmomma

Comment by Nessasmomma (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• One study showed that women who ingested 300 mg. of caffeine per day or more had a 27 percent lower chance of conceiving than those who had no caffeine. But other studies have suggested little or no correlation between caffeine and fertility.

To be safe, if you're trying to get pregnant, it's probably wise to go easy on the caffeine.

Most experts agree that moderate amounts of caffeine — less than 300 mg. a day — don't appear to affect a woman's fertility. On the other hand, there is some evidence that getting 200 mg. or more of caffeine a day while you're pregnant raises your risk of miscarriage — so this would be a good time for you to start cutting back.

Armygrl1

Answer by Armygrl1 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• When we were TTC our daughter, my husband and I both stopped drinking caffeine and whenever I did get pregnant, I really didn't drink except for maybe once or twice throughout my pregnancy. i think you'll be fine if you have just a little bit!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2010