Anyone ever purchased breastmilk from a milk bank?

I will be carrying a Surrogate pregnancy & the Intended Parents were going to buy milk from a bank if I wasnt willing to pump, but since I am they have said that they would like to pay me the same rate as they would have paid to a bank..

I googled it, but none of the milk banks list purchasing prices..

pinkcicle709

Asked by pinkcicle709 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Health

• because it can't usually be purchased directly. It can only be purchased threw a prescription in most cases and insurance helps with the cost because families really couldn't afford it otherwise. Call a milk bank if you really want to know, and let them know what's going on. I'm sure they can give you an idea.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 12:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• you rockI honestly have no idea. But find one and call as PP said I'm sure they'd be happy to tell. But I think that is a wonderful thing you are doing, in giving someone the gift of a child :)

BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I have not purchased from a milk bank (although did get a donation from a close friend of mine before), but the going rate is usually about $3 per ounce. Just depends on the bank.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2010