Anyone good at making friends?

I'm living in the UK right now, cuz my DH is in the military. I've been living here 2 years and met a million different people, but can't say that I have a single friend here. I thought maybe it was because I'm 22, and most the girls here drink and center their group meetings on drinking... but I'm not sure that's the case.

Someone suggested play dates, and I tried that, but the girl I was doing them with got "too busy" after like three... so I'm left thinking I'm not a very likable person :(

I'm not religious or anything, and I'm a SAHM with no car, so the amount of people I meet is very limited.

Any suggestions?

MomtoElliett

Asked by MomtoElliett at 12:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• Are you close to a train? There is so much to do!! Have you been to all of the museums? The Victoria and Albert is my favorite!!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Wow are you in London ride the train or the bus go to tourist spots also try the playgroup idea again. There is so much to do in the UK and places to go you should set up a play group and make it where you go to Buckingham palace or to a museum or maybe start a walking or running group. GL Momma Oh an maybe you can put out an announcement for other military wives who stay at home it can only help.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2010