im 37 weeks and 5 days pregnant and hardly any movement.

since yesterday my baby hasnt moved at all really. he has only move like 10 times the whole day. i did check his hearbeat and it was in the 140s and when he moved it went up to 170. but im still concerned.. is this normal? i do see that he has moved down more.. could that be why?

amanda202010

Asked by amanda202010 at 12:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you should go get checked something could be wrong ! although sometimes if it happens like my daughter she was asleep they told me when they check me and monitored me for 4 hours lol.. and what worked to get her moving was a cold glass of water
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 12:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• You need to actually lay down, and relax and put your hand on your tummy, and count the movements. If you get less than 10 in an hour, then you need to go to the ER or at least call your doctor. At no point in the pregnancy should you not feel movement, although the movement is a little harder for the baby as it gets bigger.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 12:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• well your close to to being due, there isent much room in there and she prob cant move that much, they say the baby slows down when their getting ready for birth, but if ur concerned u can go to the er to check and meake sure good luck
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I know that within the last few weeks I didn't feel as much movement, however, if you're worried, definitely go get it checked out. When I was 36 weeks with my son I hadn't felt him most of the day and I called the doctor. I had drank ice cold water, pepsi, ate chocholate, anything to get him moving! They had me come in and hooked me up to the stress test and just then he started moving like crazy!

If anything, going to the doctor will help ease your mind and you won't be stressing about it the rest of the day!
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 1:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Ask doc for an NST next time you see him/her.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I would go and get checked just to be sure.

The baby is continuing to grow, so it could just be that the baby is running out of room and can't move as much. My son was sitting breech, with his bum wedged into my pelvis so he didn't move a whole lot near the end. He was also a 9lbs5oz baby.
    My daughter beat the hell out of me until the day she was born and she was 2 lbs smaller than her brother.

Sometimes when you're getting close to going into labor, the baby's movements will slow down.
    If you're still feeling him move 10 times a day then I wouldn't think that there's anything wrong. But it doesn't hurt to check.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I agree with DeeMarie
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 1:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I would drink juice or eat ice cream then lay down and count.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 1:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• At 37 weeks you don't feel tons of movement. The baby doesn't have much space to bounce around anymore and you might feel more twisting and turning and less often. But usually if you drink something and then sit down you start feeling movement. Don't get too worried, you're probably fine.
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 3:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My baby did the same thing, at about 8 months he slowed down and wouldn't move for long stretches of time. I was very concerned because he was quite the little gymnast in there before that! I would either press gently on different spots on my stomach until he moved something, or eat some peppermint Altoids, which for some reason made him very active. You said you've monitored his heartbeat, so you know he is ok even if he isn't dancing around. The do run out of wiggle room by the end. Call your doc if you want to ease your mind, but it sounds like he's just snug and comfy in there :)
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 3:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2010