HOW DO I DEAL WITH MY BI-POLAR TWIN SISTER?

My twin sister is bi-polar.I've had to cut her loose one time for over a year.Her behavior started affecting my relationship.But I can't do that again.That was a very hard year for me.She's been so manic lately.I'm at my wits end.My mom was bi-polar.She died 18 yrs.ago.Her being Bi-polar was a family secret.I actually think she was in denial.20 some odd years ago,no one talked about mental health issues like they do now.Anyway...I don't want to cut her loose again.I actually don't know what to do.Any suggestions?

bvannkissy

Asked by bvannkissy at 1:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• maybe she needs to be living in assisted living home that way she takes her meds and someone is watching out for her. i have a friend that had to go to one because she would never take her meds and so this way the state makes sure that she takes her meds and keeps track of her and makes sure she get the help that she needs.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 3:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Is she on any medication for it?
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• is al-non a support group for this sort of thing? I'm going through about the same thing.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Excellent question. I have no answer so will just bump for you

Answer by admckenzie at 4:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2010