Numb Fingers

I'm 39 weeks and for the last week or 2 my index and some of my middle finger have been numb on my left hand. Anyone else have this or is this normal?? I thuoght it may just be from the swelling?

tiffanyjt22

Asked by tiffanyjt22 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Health

• It is not uncommon for women to develop signs of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome during pregnancy, It should go away on its own after your hormones start gettign back to normal, You can wear a light wrist brace from a drug store to help the symptoms a little.
    Armygrl1

Answer by Armygrl1 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I never heard of this! All kinds of things can happen in pregnancy. Call it in and find out. Best of luck in everything!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• YES! I was so freaked out by it the last time I was pregnant. Try to not lean on your elbows too much, and stretch your arms out when you can.
    Get your hubby or anyone really, to rub your neck and shoulders. It could be a pinched nerve or something.
    I had my middle, ring and pinky finger go numb a lot when I was pregnant the last time and then when I did those things it didn't happen as much.

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2010