How to get rid of stretch marks?

I have major stretch marks on my tummy... I tried applying cream when I was pregnant, but was allergic to everything I tried.. Interestingly enough, after birth, I tried the creams again and seem to be fine with it however, i haven't been consistently applying it on so it's not working so well. Is there anything else I can try using to minimize the appearance of these stretch marks? If it's a cream, what brand or kind do you use? What works for you? Any other solutions other than cream?

urban_baybee

Asked by urban_baybee at 1:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• They will fade in time. I used cocoa butter when I was pregnant a lot and never got them, but in time they'll fade
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• You could try vitamin E. Or there is "BioOil". It's a little pricey but apparently it's supposed to work. I have never tried it though so I can't say if it does or not for sure.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I don't know, but if you figure it out please let me know. I have them so bad on my belly, thighs and on my boobs lol. I never had them before until I had kids. I didn't have them until like 8 months in pregnancy I though I wasn't going to get them since I didn't have them before that then woke up one day and had them all over lol. I would love to be able to wear a 2 piece again without being embarrassed of the stretch marks so if you find something let me know
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• THe are really your little red lines of courage (: Over time the red will go away and they will turn a silvery white color...a LOT less noticeable... but they are there to stay.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 1:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Bio oil didn't work on me. I tried that stuff it says to use 2 times a day for like 3 months or something like that I did and I still have them
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• BC Spa Solutions Scar, Stretch Mark and Spider Vein Minimizing Creme from beauticontrol

www.beautipage.com/sabrinamarie
    BreeMarie

Answer by BreeMarie at 1:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Apparently, coffee works. A friend of mine told me to get coffee grounds (it can be cheap, like wal-mart brand coffee) and get it a little wet and rub it on the places that you have stretch marks....leave it on for about 5-10 minutes and wash it off (she said she does it in the shower so she can just rinse off right afterwards) and she said she noticed a change in about two weeks. She said she did it once a day or every other day.
    chairhead28

Answer by chairhead28 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• The only sure fire way to get rid of the stretch marks on your belly is surgery. Tummy toning excercises may work but you gotta get your tummy super tone. Some women are just prone to getting them and will have to deal with it. For the lighter stretch marks coca butter works but deeper darker ones are there for life:<. I have tried everything except surgery. I have come to accept them as they are. good luck!
    MomInc

Answer by MomInc at 1:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• We have a product in sa called regima a if u can get hold of it its worth a try xx
    kavenah

Answer by kavenah at 1:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I've been using bio oil, and i think its been working pretty good for me!
    ammbbbeeeerrrrr

Answer by ammbbbeeeerrrrr at 6:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2010