Swollen skin around the penis?

I woke up this morning to find the skin around my sons penis is very swollen. He hasnt done anything out of the normal so im worried. Its not the head. is the skin right below the head is very swollen and red. Im planning on taking him to the dr. later today but I wanted to ask if anyone has experienced this. Thank you. Also he is teething I dont know if that would have anything to do with it.

shay33069

Asked by shay33069 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is he? Is he circed or intact?
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Hes 10 months old. and hes circumsized. he doesnt act like its bothering him. he doesnt cry or anything when i touch it.
    shay33069

Comment by shay33069 (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I assume he is not wearing a new kind of diaper that he could be having a reaction to? It could just be a diaper rash that is localized there. I'm glad it does not seem to be bothering him!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Its irritated from something.... just put some baby powder on it. He probably irritated it while he was sleeping and laid on it or rolled on it or something.
    TexasPride85

Answer by TexasPride85 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• No. Nothing new that hes wearing or eating or that ive used in laundry. It just kinda showed up over night. But its very very swollen. I guess thats what has me worried.
    shay33069

Comment by shay33069 (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• try to clean it with baby soap and water, it may just be irritated. maybe something was missed during his last diaper change before bed or something like that. try to clean it, if it doesn't go away you may want to call you pediatrition.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 12:45 AM on Jul. 12, 2010