Spin off from another persons question about cart retuns...

Do you return you cart every time? When do you vs. don't.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 1:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• If I have all the kids with me and I wasn't able to park by the cart corral, No I do not return it. I push it out of the way. They have workers out in the parking lots collecting the carts all the time anyway. But 75% of the time, I don't shop by myself with the kids, my dh is with me so then one of us will always return it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• yes, I do. I shop mostly at wegmans, and they have "helping hands" that take care of the parking lots. Many of them have slight to moderate disabilities, and I appreciate their work and like to make it nice for them.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:48 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• return mine unless i have child and too far away
    it has happened when i have toddler with me
    try to park right near a put cart away place
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• always..because all of them around here cost money!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Yeah, I always do. It's really not THAT much added effort to return a cart.

The only time I don't is if the cart return is over flowing into the parking lot and blocking the lanes. I'll take it over towards it but I'll leave it beside it instead of adding to the blockage.
    I've never understood why people continue to pile them onto the end when it's clearly full and is starting to obstruct traffic.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Yes, always.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 1:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I do every time. I tried to park with in visual range of the cart return when my children were young. I always return it because I don't want my car hit by a rogue cart and don't want to be the one responsible for my cart to have hit someone else's car. It is RUDE AND DANGEROUS to NOT put your cart up.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• ALWAYS. no exceptions (and I have 3 children under 10 to wrangle).

It is rude, low class, irresponsible, and simply in bad taste NOT to do so. The only excuse I can possibly think of, is if you had some sort of injury that limited your mobility- in which case you would have someone help you out anyway... It makes me SOOO angry to hear some ghetto/white trash person say "I don't get paid to put it back." OMG! Don't get me started!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I always return mine to either the area they have designated to leave them or back in front of the store.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 1:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I always return it. I will either park next to it and let my 5 year old get in the car and put it up, or if I'm too far away, she stays out with me because I trust her not to run in the road and she goes with me to return it.
    I see no reason to leave them in the parking lot. It makes the job for the cart pushers even harder and it clogs the already too full parking lot. Why be lazy when I can just as easily keep my kid out and take her with me to put it up or park close enough to leave her in the car.
    And, yeah, even when she was a baby I did this, just left her in the cart and packed her back to the car.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2010