Is it rude to invite my dad out with me and then ask my mom to babysit?

My mom doesnt like to do much really. She wont go swimming, to speedways, to movies, anything that I enjoy....so I invite my dad who is always up for anything. Is it rude to not even ask her and just ask her to babysit while we go?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it'd be ok.

You might also want to spend time with your mom alone and have dad watch on another day. Just do something she enjoys even if it's just tea on the patio for an hour. Mom my not feel so left out then
    abcxyz

Answer by abcxyz at 2:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My parents are the opposite -- and if they lived closer I would definitely ask my dad to babysit if I wanted to hang out with my mom. And he would definitely do it as long as we were back before the next diaper change...=) I don't see a problem with it.
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• It's only bad if it makes her feel bad. Why don't you ask her?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I would ask if she would mind babysitting while you and your dad go do whatever. If she wants to go, let her. Or you could offer to pay her for sitting depending on the relationship you and your mother have.
    I personally would invite my dad to go out without his wife. But thats me and thats my personal issue.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 3:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• although I understand why you would do that but coming from a mothers point of view, I'd be really hurt.
    If you know she would say no to it, you could include her on the invite and when she says no, ask her if she would mind watching your kids while you and your dad went.
    saralouise

Answer by saralouise at 1:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I don't think it's rude but it may hurt her feelings. Some parents are like that. Maybe talk to her first about wanting a dad and daughter day and offer another day and time with her where your dad can babysit next time.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• If they are married then, yes. I wouldn't see it as rude if they were separated/divorce living in 2 different homes, etc. I would ask my mom if she wanted to go and if not then I would then ask her if she minds watch the kids. I wouldn't want my mom to feel like she was just a babysitter!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• are your mom and dad married?
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 3:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I don't think so. maybe she enjoys the time with the kids.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Tell your mom that you need some daddy daughter time. I am sure she will understand!
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 4:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2010