what would do if your daughter just wont be a mom to her kids even though she alreadt lost one and is about to loose the youngest one

jayzgrandma711

Asked by jayzgrandma711 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• You can't force her to be a mom...but you can have a discussion with her about what IS going to happen again if she doesn't change her mind about what she is doing with her life.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 1:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I'd be thankful that there is someone there to take them and care & love them for her while she can't.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• That's a tough situation, I know. I can empathize with you. Short of taking the kids and raising them yourself though, there is not much you can do to change her. She is an adult. Will she accept counseling? If she will, I would try that first. It's unfortunate that this is such a common problem in today's society. I have a daughter that I have had problems with as well. I will say a little prayer for you all.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:55 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Only thing that you can do, sit back and wait for the other shoe to drop so to speak unless you are willing to step up and be the parent to your grandchildren.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• thanks everyone i am already rasing her 5 year old i have had coustody for 3 yrs now and her two yr old is my worry now i only hope i will get him too before anything bad happens
    jayzgrandma711

Comment by jayzgrandma711 (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• truthfully- I would do all I could to get custody of that child and see if I could talk her into getting counseling help. See about working it out so she could have a good as relationship as possible with her kids on a visiting basis.
    I think that in these cases it's all about the childs happiness and being treated the best they can- not about keeping mommy happy.

Do all you can for your daughter, but she's the adult, your grandchildren are a different story.

good luck! you sound like a strong woman!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• God bless you for being there. I am so happy for those children. Your daughter needs to practice birth control.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Where is the father?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2010