Squash

This may be a stupid question, but I've never made squash before- how should I cook it? I am trying to make it for my 11 month old and i want to be able to cut into bite-size peices. TIA!

kh717

Asked by kh717 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• What kind? if it's not spaghetti squash, I'd peel it, dice it, and roast it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I dice it to the size I want it.
    then toss it in a little olive oil & some seasonings of choice
    bake at 325 until fork tender

that also goes really well with some cooked pasta, just cook the pasta and mix in the cooked squash
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• It's not spaghettit squash- it's a very small squash. How long would you roast it for?
    kh717

Comment by kh717 (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I test at about 30 minutes, if it's not done then, I check again in about 10-15 minutes until it's done
    DarkFaery131

• you can bake it or grill it. you can even boil and mash it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• small dice about a half hour.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I cut it up with some zuchinni. add can of chopped tomatos and cook in a frying pan. Then after the squash and zuchinni is tender then add shredded cheddar cheese. It so good
    nurdreams

Answer by nurdreams at 2:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I love to steam it! Since we dont have a double boiler, I slice it up into equal sized peices, put a little water in the dish, cover it with saran wrap, and microwave it for a few minutes. I then top it with salt and pepper (or leave it plain for the LO).
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 2:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Wow- Thank you for the quick responses!!! Definately some great ideas and I'll have to try them out :)
    kh717

Comment by kh717 (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I slice or dice it, sautee in a pay in it a little bit of olive oil until mushy and then sprinkle with some parm or mozerella. I don't bother peeling it because it gets so soft sauteeing it.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 2:25 PM on Jul. 11, 2010