• In the Spotlight:

Food ideas for a anniversary party

Hello all you creative ladies! My brothers and I are throwing my parents a surprise 45th anniversary party and need some food ideas. We are having it outside in a gazebo, so we want something more casual. We want a nice party for about 100 people and are looking for reasonable catering/food ideas to feed everyone. Anything you can think of would be so appreciated.
Thanks so much for your time!!!

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 2:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• little shot glasses of chilled soups, like gazpacho.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Have some of the favorite foods of the anniversary couple. What did they have at their wedding reception? Maybe you can duplicate the cake they had. I personally like lots of cold salads and cold meats. I have been to several parties where only appetizers were served - a big assortment - and then dessert. Enjoy!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Have lots of finger foods and hor d'oeuvres.

Be all fancy like the queen and have little cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Make a lot of cupcakes. Then, ice them in one of the colors from the wedding and in the other wedding color, put their wedding day.

Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• different salads, beans, and cold chicken . you can do all in advance . I like the cupcake idea for dessert or do different things like brownies, lemon bars etc
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 2:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I'm so Happy you're doing that for them. How Sweet & Kind! We did my in laws' 30th & 40th Wedding Anniversary party's! This August my DH & I will make it 30 years of marriage hopefully if I continue doing better. Things we had.. Sliced cut ham served hot, potato salad, scalloped potatoes, Dirt dessert, Creamed cucumbers, a fruit dish of assorted fruits, many cut up cheeses, A nice layer Salad etc.. Stuff like that! It was mainly my self that did it all. It was hard work! Each time it was a surprise too! 1st year we aid we were having a "house Warming " party. To get them over. The other time We said we were having a graduation party for our DD. To each time they were pleasantly surprised! I hope it all works out. And each time we had a beautiful cake. I was going to have their wedding photo on a cake for their 50th. But DH said let another son of 4 do their party. We asked each one. No one did it. Good Luck. Congrats'!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 3:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• cupcake, salads and have a pig roast served with buns
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 3:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2010