Are you good at sewing,knitting or crochetting?

I used to do cross-stitch with baby quilts. The patterns would already be stamped on the quilt. I made like a half a dozen of them. It was a lot of fun to do. I tried to learn to make what are called "granny squares, which are sewn together into a big quilt for a couch or sofa.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Yes.  I taught myself to quilt after my mom died in 2000.  I used to make baby quilts for all my kids but I don't sew much anymore.  Takes up too much room and time.  Now I knit and crochet.  I just made a whole bunch of hats and sweater for my new baby that is due on Wed.  I'm so excited to keep this baby in hand knit sweaters all winter.

I also cross stitch...not the stamped kind.  I do counted cross stitch.  My aunt taught me when I was 9 but I haven't done it in awhile.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I did stamped cross-stitch crib quilts for both of my sons when I was pregnant with them. Other than that, out of the 3 listed all I can do is knit. I've wanted to learn to sew but haven't put much effort into learning how. I'm content for now just knowing how to knit.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I love to crochet :)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I do tons of sewing, did counted cross stitch, embroidery, and crewel. Lots of my family members are into these.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I can sew and crochet......knitting I've tried and can't figure out :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 2:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Knit, sew, quit, crochet, tat, macarme, and the like... I also do a little metal work, wood carving, and beading. Jill of all trades. :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I do or did counted and stamped cross-stitch. I also sew and knit. I too did lots of stamped baby quilts (and bibs) as gifts before I was pregnant with my son. Strangely enough I haven't made any for my son.
    OneBlessedWife

Answer by OneBlessedWife at 2:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I've cross stitched for over 30 years! I can also knit with needles or looms, and I crochet. I sew clothes, sew quilts, sew things for around the house. I love the needle crafts!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I sew and knit. I think I'm going to learn to crochet this year. I used to do embroidery and cross stitch, but I don't have time for all my crafts anymore.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 12:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I have done all of the above, but the one I continue to do is quilting, it is my passion! Just wish there was more time in a day to do it.,.
    roundnround

Answer by roundnround at 10:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2010