Is pregnancy discharge similar to the discharge you get around ovulation?

I had unprotected sex during ovulating.. I bleed very lighty 3 days later.. I have been feeling sick on and off... My period was due July 8/9th and I'm having no signs of my period.. But my cervix is fairly low and I'm having discharge that is slippery . But thick and the color is white sometimes with a tint of yellow. The more active I am the more I get it... Oh and took a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative? Anyone want to shine some light on this for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you don't get your period in another couple days, test again or go to the doctor... the light bleeding could possibly be implantation bleeding, which some women get, but not all... and I had discharge throughout my entire pregnancy, but you could also be having it because your period is going to start... I know you said the sex was unprotected, so I assume you aren't taking any BC? Because spotting and irregular periods are normal if you have recently started hormone-based BC.
    It sounds like it could be possible, and maybe you tested too early or the hormones aren't strong enough yet. That being said, it could be something else entirely. I'd recommend waiting 2 more days, test again, if it's still negative call your doc.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• In my experience, pregnancy discharge was very different from ovulation discharge.
    Ovulation discharge looks like egg whites, clear, thick, slippery, and VERY stretchy (yes you have to play with it, lol).
    Pregnancy discharge, while thick also, usually has a little color to it and isn't stretchy at all. The stretchy stuff helps sperm get where it needs to be. The rest of the time, your body has no use for it.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:58 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It's similar to moderately fertile cervical fluid. The creamy stuff, but not stretchy or clear.
    Azure

Answer by Azure at 11:25 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• REMEMBER THE DOLLAR TREE SELLS 1$ PREGNANCY TESTS. YES, THEY WORK. I HAVE 4 KIDS THAT SAY SO:)
    Call4me

Answer by Call4me at 12:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Sounds like pregnancy...some times those test can't detect pregnancy when you are in the very early stages.
    MrsAJLaw

Answer by MrsAJLaw at 4:42 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• You need to take a few days and do another test.
    momof117

Answer by momof117 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• it is similiar...but as for me, the discharge didn't really get heavy until later in the pregnancy. Your period only lasting 3 days though....it does sound to me like you may be pregnant. I know that will all 3 of my kids.....I did not show a positive pregnancy test until about 3 days after my period was expected...
    energygirl

Answer by energygirl at 2:18 PM on Jul. 13, 2010