• In the Spotlight:

How can I make my neighbors understand that they can not park in my parking space?

We live in a condo and own the condo, the back patio, 1/10th of an acre exceding the back patio, and 2 parking places in front of our condo. We have had some new neighbors move in (3 single guys around 21 years old). Each guy has his own vehicle but there are only 2 parking spots. There are some vistor parking spots avaiable at the end of the row. Anyways, they keep parking in our parking spot (the parking spots are clearly marked with each units number). We have tried to be polite and ask them to move the car many times. Last night, when we got home and found that they had parked in our space once again, we parked behind them out of frustration. About 30 minutes later, they came knocking on our door and asked us to move our car so that they could move theirs. I am hoping that the fact that they can not park in our parking space sinks if not, what can I do?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 2:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• In the meantime, you can find the name of the property owners through your county clerk's office. Some have it online, others you need to call or go in person, but you can get the name and address of the owners.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Call the police. If you own the parking space, then they are trespassing. The Association should know the owner, so if you go through them to contact the owner, you should be able to let the owner know and try to get them to handle it before going to the police. good luck.
    truthrowan

Answer by truthrowan at 3:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I would talk to them one more time and let them know that is YOUR space, and only YOUR space. If they park there again and you park behind them and 'block' them in I would not be in any hurry to move my car and let them out.... and then when I finally did decide move my car I would mention that next time they park in MY space I will call the cops and have them ticketed or towed away! Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Write a letter to the condo association?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Is there a condo association that you are all members of, maybe they can do something?
    Healthytomorrow

Answer by Healthytomorrow at 2:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Then call the police if you have tried being polite maybe a ticket will drive the point home call the police and ak them if the condo association will not do anything. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Yep, call the cops, have them towed. The association really needs to step up and do their job or get a new set of board members. But I would continue to park behind them then. They'll get the point.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 3:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I would call the police.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• You can have their cars towed that will let them know u mean business.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Because you won it put up signs saying if anyone parks there it will be towed at owners expense and if they do it again have it towed
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 3:42 PM on Jul. 11, 2010