is it about mommy or the child?

I totally understand a woman's need to be the most well rounded happy person she can be for her and her kids. there with that said-
I see posts and real life situations where kids are being hurt, or the home life is verbally abusive at best, I could go on and on.
often, they seem to be all about what is the best thing to do in order to keep mommy happy, lets not get mommy mad, that sort of thing.
Am I the only one who looks at these posts and wants to say-
hey woman! you are a adult! this is NOT about you, it's about the well being of the child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• U are right because you are the adult and kids will grow up still remembering what happened to them.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• i guess i havent read any of those lately. but yes, it's about the child.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• okay I must have missed the posts?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• guess i missed the post(s) you're talking about.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 3:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I missed the post too...
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 3:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I missed the post too, lol. But it should always be about the children, ALWAYS!!!!!!!!
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• jbirchard, good luck with that. If it's NEVER about you then your needs will go utterly unmet. Children come FIRST, but it's not ALWAYS about them. It's not wrong to take "mommy time" or to do things that YOU enjoy just because you enjoy them. It's not wrong to make time for your marriage. It's not wrong to have a date nite or girls' night out once in a while. A stable, happy mom who isn't miserable because she never gets time or things for herself is going to be a much better mother and set a better example for her children.

I'm not saying it's all about mom, I'm saying that if your kids' needs are all met then it's okay to take something for yourself.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2010