how do you post a clickable link to something in a question?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I'm not sure you can. I've tried it and it isn't "clickable". It may be a security feature of this site. The reader should be able to cut or copy and paste.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:10 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I don't know that you can here. Seems they are very concerned with us not posting inappropriate stuff here or stuff that should be posted somewhere else on Cafemom so it may be a security feature they have here. However, as the other person said, once the link is there, it should just be a case of copy and paste it and you are good to go.
    Healthytomorrow

Answer by Healthytomorrow at 3:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Perhaps this helps you.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• You can't do it in the question portion, however you can in the answer...

1) click the full editor to the top right of the answer box.
    2) type a word, like "link"
    3) highlight the word.
    4) the little funny link icon will darken. click that, and insert your link in the appropriate spot, and click "ok"
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• There is a way to do it. I just saw a clickable link in a question.. Sorry, but I don't know how to do it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• You CAN do it IN THE QUESTION if you MANUALLY type out the HTML for it! This site will tell you how to do the HTML! The SIMPLE syntax for it is just fine! See picture:
    HTML Of course you would sub. the URL (http://) for the URL you want and the words between > and < to be the word that you want to be hyper linked. You DO NOT need the full editor, you just need to know how to use HTML coding!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I should add that EVERY space and character you use IS COUNTED towards the alloted character account. This includes the characters needed for the HTML coding!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2010