How can I control my emotions?

Sometimes I get so mad over nothing. Or sad. And I really hate it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Health

• Emotions are neither right nor wrong. They just are. What can be wrong is the wrong expression of them. It's okay to say you are angry when you are or to say that you are sad when you are. Once it has been expressed, you can then choose to let go of it and think about something else. If you choose to dwell on and brood about whatever has made you angry or sad, then you prolong its presence in your emotions. Express it and then let it go. Move on to something else.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• try meditation and yoga, and eliminating meats/milk with added hormones.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Take a few moments every morning and look at the big picture. You have a home, a family, a computer, your health, etc, etc. Things could get one heck of a lot worse. Be thankful for all you have. It's funny how a look from a different angle can put so much into perspective. Sure I get mad and yell at my kids and I cry because my life is far from the way I would like it to be, but then I think to myself that I am really just over reacting and I need to get a grip. I pray to God for some help and He always delivers. Good Luck Sweetie & God Bless!
    WinkBoss

Answer by WinkBoss at 4:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2010