Why did some moms get down right mad about this

Dont want to start a new ending debate on the boards.....my dd is 11 and has had a cell phone for years as have most of her friends. Not asking opinions on kids and phones but what I really want to know why some mom's get down right hostile about kids and phones...why is this SUCH a hot topic. I dont make assumptions about kids without phones why do some parents make assumtions about kids with phones...just curious to me its not a big deal either way I just dont get why this topic seems as hot as abortion or PA (in real life also not just CM)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Because people love to mind other people's business.

And other people's kids phones make their kids jealous.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Im not sure... shes 11 sounds old enough to have a phone to me... i think its safe for a child to carry one, they even have those fyer fly cells that you can only call mom dad an 911. idk why it would get so heated
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Because they're crazy and have nothing better to do...aka loosers
    TexasPride85

Answer by TexasPride85 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Not sure, its your child you decide. Mines only 2 so i have a while to wait. I'm curious what other moms have to say.
    Nemhs

Answer by Nemhs at 3:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I have no idea. Maybe jealousy? I mean, I doubt most moms had a cell phone at the age of 10. :-)
    I figure if you want your kid to have it and can afford it, that's your business. Hell, even if you can't afford it, it's still your business.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I guess because a lot of Moms don't see it as being necessary for their own kids.
    Healthytomorrow

Answer by Healthytomorrow at 3:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I honetly didn't know it was such as hot topic and it doesn't really matter what other Moms think about kids with or without cell phones. Just do what is best for your family and don't worry about what others say. I never did care and now that tnere is CM, I just have to laugh at the battles here.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• 11 is young but not my bissness ...idk what the big isses is ..
    KRIZZ25

Answer by KRIZZ25 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• my boyfriend and i decided that the kids wont have cell phones until they hit high school cause they can get a job of some type and help pay for it...>BUT if they get involved with sports or after school activities in middle school THAN we might consider it, but for now the kids wont get one until they are at least in high school.
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Not really sure why it would get so heated. Mine is only one, so we've got a while til we have to deal with that, but it would make sense to me that someone might want one (for a child) for safety purposes. Maybe others, too, that's just the first reason that comes to mind.

Maybe they have seen the problems that cell phones have caused with driving and/or schoolwork, and they assume (incorrectly) that all kids with cell phones will form bad habits. Just a guess, I don't know...
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2010