Am I the only one who take offence to this statement?

'Since we as Stay at home mothers have the hardest job of all 24/7, no sick days or vacations...'

Frankly I do. It is simply miss worded. The statement should read: 'Since we as MOTHERS have the hardest job of all, 24/7 no sick days or vacations...'

This is a flat out insult to me. Like I get off of work and I'm done for the day. I may have a part time job away from home but My job as a mother is the same as described above. 24/7 no sick days or vacations.

I AM NOT bashing SAHM AT ALL. SAHM are awesome! I just happen to work and hate when ANYONE makes it sound like I take my job as a mother less serious than my 'day job' ALL MOTHERS are MOTHERS 24/7.

Don't you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• And yet it should honestly be worded that "We as PARENTS have the hardest job!!!!"
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• i agree. being a mom, no matter what kind, is a hard job.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• everyones situation are different and i agree all MOTHERS have a hard "job"
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 3:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I think you are taking it too much to heart. It's simply a lady proud of her own choices, not judgmental of yours.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I don't like the statement, but I don't think they meant anything by it.

I don't like the assumption that being a mom is the hardest job, though, either. Being a dad is just as hard, and for some, even harder. Depends on the people, just like every other situation.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• That is right--all Moms have a tough job and do not get enough credit. But I have never cared what people say---it doesn't matter to me. All I know is that my kids are great. They are grown up and they are terrific. That is all I care about. ;-)
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I agree all mom's are mom's 24/7 and Most (I say most because there is always an exception) put there job as mom first.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I agree with you. As a SAHM i don't think any parent has it anyless. Your at work to support your kids. Just because your not physically with them doesn't mean your not supporting them anyless.
    Nemhs

Answer by Nemhs at 3:31 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I never understood the 'SAHM v WM' debate... Being a mother is a tough job no matter if you work outside the home or not. I really dislike the comments that imply SAHM's don't have dificulties or hardships. Parenting isn't easy any way you look at it. It's tough maintaining a career AND giving up a career IMO.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Yes, all moms are mothers 24/7. ( I can feel the heat on this one!) ;)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2010