Crocheting

Thinking about doing crocheting. I used to do it a little when I was younger (12-13) but have not done it in years. Anyone know anything about getting started?

CharityTipton

Asked by CharityTipton at 3:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I recommend looking up video tutorials on youtube
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• You can get a book or there are instructions online. You can watch videos on YouTube. I think knitting is easier and more fun.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:33 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I bought a book and some thread and a hook and taught myself. It's really pretty easy.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I prefer it to knitting. I find it easier, quicker, and that I can turn out more intricate work... However, if I am making a garment to be warn, or receive heavy use... I knit.

You can find instructional books just about everywhere, watch videos on line, or find someone that you know who can give you a refresher course.
    I suggest getting some cheap synthetic yarn, and a sz J hook (easiest to learn to gauge your tension)... just spend some time playing with it before you take on a large project.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:32 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I find crochet easier too! I know how to knit but get slowed down by the 2 needles + yarn. 1 hook + yarn just makes sense to be easier.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:25 AM on Jul. 12, 2010

• They have a crocheting for beginners book. I am more of a hands on type of person and I know I would jsut confuse myself with a book. Hopefully that works for you though.

I had my mom and grandma teach me as much as they could, that worked out for me pretty well.

Good luck!
    jking48444

Answer by jking48444 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2010