What did you do???

what did you do for your child(ren)'s FIRST b-day??? my son is going to be one in oct. and im super excited!!!

megan1089

Asked by megan1089 at 3:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Entertainment

• Many people had told me to just have a small family get together, since DD wouldnt remember it. But I threw a party with my family and friends... The first birthday is mostly for you.. so if you want a big party.. do it. If you dont, i wouldnt feel bad about it.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 5:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• We had a family get together. Get a cute picture when you present the cake........It's really for the adults at this age. Don't let him get on overload. Enjoy!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• We had a smallish get together at our house with friends and family. I made cake and had some snacks. It was fun and not too much work.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I was raised not making such a big fuss about birthdays. For my son's 1st birthday, we had a few people over and had cake. However I am putting more effort to making it more special when he turns 2 tomorrow.
    Rosxjun

Answer by Rosxjun at 3:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I let him eat spaghetti/meatballs with his hands, and then he had his first ever cake. He was a mess! His birthday is 3 days before Christmas, that was IT that year. We had just moved, hubby had no money, he doesn't remember he got nothing else!!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Best part was the cake. I have a fantastic pic of him with icing and cake all over his fingers and face. So cute!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• For my first child, we had a big party with all the grandparents and aunts, uncles, and cousins at my mom's house. We live over 800 miles away and happened to be there for a wedding so it worked out to have a birthday party with family. For my 2nd child, we were home and it was just me, my husband, and our older child. We decorated and I made a cake and we had a little party with just the four of us.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• We had an outside party at my parents house with all of our family and friends. We cooked out hamburgers and hot dogs. Got a cake made at a local grocery store. Even purchased a small cake for my daughter to smash. We served ice cream, opened presents and then went swimming!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 4:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• WELL, I INVITED A COUPLE OF FRIENDS AND THEIR KIDS AROUND HIS AGE, AND WE HAD A LITTLE PARTY AT THE PARK. THEY FEEL GOOD RUNNING AROUND AND PLAYING! THEY ENJOYED EVERY BIT OF IT AND IT WAS INEXPENSIVE!
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• We had friends and family over for cake, hot dogs, hamburgers and chips. It was lots of fun!
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 13, 2010