My daughter says she wants a different color of paint for her room

I bought a few cans of BEHR paint. They were purple,pink,and orange. But now my three year old daughter says she wants green paint for her room. I just spended over thirty dollars for three cans of paint should I just tell her to deal with the paint we bought or just buy the green paint.

mommyofamanda8

Asked by mommyofamanda8 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• If those were the colors she decided on and you bought the paint and cannot return it, I would tell her she will just have to deal!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:38 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• ok...you are letting a 3 year old make this decision and BUYING the paint??? You can get sample cans you know for a couple of bucks...she can have input-take her to the store and tell her this is the FINAL decision. Then stick with it...you are the parent, not her. She'll get over it.
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• She has changed her mind that many times?? You are the adult so you have to set the limits. (Sorry if I misunderstand the question) Maybe you could do one wall with flowers painted in the colors you already bought or do a chair rail and the trim in those other colors.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I would have let her choose the first time and when she changed her mind I would have said "too bad, you made this choice, it's what we're doing"
    I'm all for letting the kids, no matter their ages, choose things like that. But it's ridiculous to keep buying more. It does nothing to teach her to think about her choice.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Hey, my teen wants her walls painted black! Green sounds pretty good right about now...
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• beyondhope...lol....my niece was the same way but my sister let her....it was AWFUL!!!
    connorsmom1970

Answer by connorsmom1970 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• She's 3. She won't care once you get the room all painted, especially if you paint it in all 3 colors! That would be really cute!
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• She's 3. Paint her room the colors you've already bought and get her green accents with her comforter and pillows if you can swing the cost.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I would tell her that we already bought the paint, and now we need to make do with what we have.. maybe do alternating stripes on the walls? Or paint the room pink, and polka dot the room with the purple and orange?
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 5:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Your letting a 3 yo decide what color to paint her room?!?!? Kind of nutsy. You already bought the paint tell her tough toe nails!
    Does the 3 yo dictate what colors go in the rest of the house as well?
    Waspinators_Mom

Answer by Waspinators_Mom at 11:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2010