Anyone else regret buying bunk beds?

When we built this house 5 1/2 years ago we bought my son bunks for his room. He is ready to be rid of them and so am I. They are a pain in the butt to try to make up with sheets and blankets and I always end up hitting my head or hurting my back or something!! I can't wait to get it out of the house and buy a normal bed for my son.

KTMOM

Asked by KTMOM at 3:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I love my sons' bunk beds. I get my older son to help make his own bed, otherwise I'd have to clim up. It means they have more space in their room. Of course, I also made sure I got the type that could be separated if we decide to split them up later.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 3:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• oh yes my dd share a room and they uses to have them..big pain we got rid of them 2 years ago
    LuvingMy3Girls

Answer by LuvingMy3Girls at 3:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I hate mine--my son is to tall I guess.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 3:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Went through the exact same thing. Neither of my kids wanted to sleep on the top bunk. They also hated sleeping on the bottom bunk b/c they said it felt like a tomb or something. Hated making the beds, you took me back lol,,,bunks lasted about 6 months if that long
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My mom got me one and she says she wishes she didnt because i slept on it for like a year an then i ddnt want it anymore and i would sleep on the floor instead... on the up hand its a good space saver
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I'm looking at getting bunk beds for my kids soon. I know they are a pain to make the bed, I grew up having bunks until I was about 17, but it seems like a good solution to having a small space for two beds.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2010