Any ideas for what to buy my son for his first birthday?

I'm trying to think of a "big" present for my son, who will be turning 1 in a couple of months. It seems like he has everything that he's old enough to play with, lol. Of course I'll get him little toys and such, but can anyone think of a big toy that's appropriate for a one year old? Cost isn't an issue, it's more that everything big seems like they're for 2+ years. I wanted to get him a Power Wheels car, but I think one is too young, lol. Help! Any suggestions will be appreciated and anyone who responds gets a vote up! :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 3:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We got my first son one of those lil ride on cars that you can push also (thats the main gift i see at every 1 year old bday) and then my second son just turned one yesterday and we got him a lil power wheels 4 wheeler 6 vlt battery. His older brother has a bigger one and he always wants to ride it but it goes too fast. We are now on day 2 of having the lil 4 wheeler and hes starting to get the hang of pushing the button to go. It will probably take him a week to figure it out but i wouldnt think much longer. When my 1st son was 18mths we got him a lil 4 wheeler and it didnt take him long at all to figure out how to push the button to go. Its also a great gift cause he can grow into it for a couple years and its not baby looking at all. So it will stick around! Good luck and wish the lil man HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I have the same question :D i think its more of a what can your son do? walk, crawl, somtimes just beacause the toy says +2 doesnt necesarily mean he cant have it :D my brother got his son this toy that you hook up to your tv and the child can ride on it and play games on the tv but idk if thats age apprt. ???
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE MIGHT LIKE? A GIFT CARD TO TOYS'R'US OR BABY & ME OR ANY STORE YOU THINK HE WOULD LIKE.HE MIGHT NOT GET IT AT FIRST.BUT...WHEN ITS EXPLAINED TO HIM,MY GUESS WOULD BE HE WON'T BE ABLE TO WAIT TO GO GET WHAT EVER HIS LITTLE HEART DESIRES.AND HE COULD PROBABLY GET MORE THAN ONE GIFT.HOPE HE HAS A GREAT BIRTHDAY.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 5:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My DD loved the slide/swingset. It's low enough to the groud that, as long as he's supervised and can climb, it's great for 1 year olds +. And he'll be able to use it for years, so it would be money well spent.
    Georgie0502

Answer by Georgie0502 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Thanks ladies! :) I might actually kind of do what you suggested bvannkissy. I'll take him to different toy stores, see what big toy he seems interested in, take him to the car, have my husband buy it, take it home and wrap it up, then give it to him on his birthday, lol. Not only will be be kind of picking it out, but as you said, Megan, we can see if it's something he can indeed enjoy at his age. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I'm on my 4th and I always have this problem lol
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2010