Has your DH ever made a negative comment about your body after you had your baby?

reesemom

Asked by reesemom at 3:58 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• no not directly after but recently
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• No. He's never made a negative comment about how I look.
    :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• No. My husband probably had more respect for me and acknowledged things I had to go through for our son. I was very self conscious of my body because I had a c-section, very little stretch marks almost unnoticable but he still assures me I am still beautiful. I honestly didn't think I would ever hear him say that!
    Rosxjun

Answer by Rosxjun at 4:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I tend to lose alot of weght after I have a baby. I weighed 80 pounds before I got pregnant with my second I got up to 118 with my second (I got up to 141 with my first) Well I lost all the weight and I am skinny again and he keeps telling me I need to eat because i'm too skinny. I hate it and it makes me feel like crap
    TigerBaby69

Answer by TigerBaby69 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Sort of. He often says that we need to go on a diet and we need to exercise more and we need to lose weight. So he's saying I'm fat, but he's also saying he's fat and it's true.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:07 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• No, just made a face that I happened to see.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Remarkably, no! So I'm the only one who cares about what happened to my stomach. Effing disaster area, that is.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Yeah. I don't think he means to tho. men are just.. dumb sometimes. lol He tries to cover it up once he realizes what he says. Like last night. We were talking about belly shirts, and I told him about this one when I was a teenager that my sister and I both had. I then said you know but I was skinnier then and.. well she looked like me now because she just had a baby too. And he starts cracking up. I of course went into defense mode, saying I know what I look like and 7 months ago wasn't "just had a baby" and to be fair her kids were my kids age now. blah blah. and after like two minutes, I said.. whats so funny anyways, I know I'm not skinny.. But why would you laugh? And hes like I um.. I just thought it was funny that you put yourself in the category of just having a baby when you don't look like it at all. I just said nice cover. haha. Jerk.. shouldn't have waited so long to think of an excuse.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• No. He understood the issues of what had just gone on. Plus, he isn't that insensitive.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• he didn't achually make a negative remark about having a baby, but something was said and I took it as he was saying something about it lol. I really bad stretch marks from my first pregnancy and I am embarrassed of them that if I am undressed in front of DH or even just in a bra and underwear I cover my belly with my hand. I have said a few times how I wish I could loose the pooch in my belly and how I wish I could loose the stretch marks and instead of him saying you look good how you are (like I was hoping he would) he says do crunches. Then one time I said I need to loose weight I am 140 (I was 120 before kids) (I am 5'4.5) he says well he says if you aren't on the computer all day. So I was upset, but later he told me he didn't mean anything by it. (I am not on the computer all day he just thinks I am because I am on it I guess everytime he calls, but he calls when I put kids to nap CON
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2010