Old acquaintences

Did I spell that right? Anyway...
I've just had my 25th birthday, and a friend who is about four years younger than me got married yesterday! My friends and I are at the stage in life where (typically) the most changes happen in the shortest period of time. So I'm wondering, what's a story that defines when you realized that you were a "grown-up"?

MamaRae85

Asked by MamaRae85 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• uummm what
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 4:02 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• The story of when I realized I was grown up was listening to my daughter cry while teething and looking at a stack of bills on my counter that needed to be paid. That was when I was 19. I am now 26 and have 2 kids and loving my life. I live with my husband and our two children and every now and then I get a thought of woah I am a mom and that kind of snaps reality of me being a grown up.
    TigerBaby69

Answer by TigerBaby69 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• When I almost got ran off the road by some teenage new driver and my first thought was "what the f**k is wrong with kids these days? I never drove like that!". That's when I realized I wasn't a kid anymore.
    Also, telling my kid "back when I was a kid, we could get gum for a penny, now you can't get it for less than a quarter". :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Well I got married graduated high had a baby and buried my new husband all in the same year....that would be 1980 ...guess that made me grow up real fast.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 4:08 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• oops meant to say graduated high school
    Cochise

• I moved 800 miles away from home at 21 and had a baby at 23 but I did not feel like an adult until my parents died 2 months apart when I was 24. Horrible, horrible, horrible way to snap into adulthood.
    WinkBoss

Answer by WinkBoss at 4:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• having a baby and realizing We are responsible for this little life..not anyone else
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 4:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• I'm 25 now, the other day I was telling my nieces (ages 11 & 12) that "When I was their age..." Oh, God... Until that point, I felt like we were kinda on the same level (cause I'm the cool aunt) but that made me feel like a fogey. Yeah.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My husband got sick after we had been married a couple of years (before kids) and I had to get him to the hospital and talk to the doctor about his care. I felt "grown up" at that minute because our parents had been in charge of all of that for so long and now it was my responsibility to take care of him. I was 22 year old in 1981.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• when I was playing UNO with a table of kids at a get together to keep them entertained. a call had to be made on a play and I all the kids were looking to me to make it.
    I remember thinking 'oh yeah- I'm the adult, I guess I'm the one who decides............'
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2010