How old was your child the first time they stayed the night away from you and or daddy? And who did she or he stay with?

My youngest is 2.5 and has never stayed the night away from me. My oldest just turned 5 in April and the first time she stayed the night away was when she was about 18 months, but that was with my dad. Then she stay the night away from me again when she was about 2.5 and hasn't stayed the night since. She is staying at my cousins on Tuesday. She has a 2.5 year old. She has only met my cousin about 3 or 4 times, but she wants to stay with her and keeps asking too. It is about 20 or 30 minutes from us. She and her boyfriend is picking her up sometime Tuesday after an appointment she has at 10 then bringing her back sometime Wednesday. Do you think she is to young? I told her to call if she needs us to pick her up. I do know she more than likely wont sleep by herself so she will sleep with my cousin and her boyfriend

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• I dont think its too young. My oldest stayed the night when she was 4 weeks old with my dad. She slept at her cousins when she was 1 yr. and she is always spending the night with family and once with a friend since she just started school. My youngest is 9 months and has never stayed away from me.
    TigerBaby69

Answer by TigerBaby69 at 4:20 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• my son was 3 months old and he stayed with his mimi
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My Son Was 2months old and he stayed wih his Grandma...
    ILOVEMYBOYS704

Answer by ILOVEMYBOYS704 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My oldest was 16 months and my son was 1 month old. We went to visit my in-laws and my sil took the for the night. I needed a break. My son (the 1 month old) had colic and I hadn't slept in a month. I was exhausted. She kept them off and on the whole time we were there and every night. It was nice to get a break. My middle daughter was about 21 months or so and stayed with my sil while me and my husband went on vacation. The other kids were almost 3 and 4. My youngest is 4 and has never spent the night away from me because we can't afford to go anywhere, not even to visit family. I'll be having a baby on Wed so it will be her first time in the house w/o me.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• Mine was 10 months old. She stayed w/ my parents for the weekend when DH and I went away and had a great time.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• DD was about 1 month old when we took a vacation to visit DH's family. They offered to watch her, so we went out for a night. We left around 8 or 9, and didnt come home until 4 or 5am. I dont think they are too young to stay the night with family or friends. Its good for them to get away sometimes too. Worse comes to worse, there is a problem and she needs to come home in the middle of the night.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 4:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• my youngest has only spent 2 nights away from me when she was 6 months old and the only reason was because my idiot ex took her and hid her from me. as for my older one he is 4 now and has always spent the night at my mothers even up to a week.. .he has also spent the night at a friends house cause i had to be in the hospital with my dd for a week when had a uti at 2 weeks old
    mommy06and09

Answer by mommy06and09 at 4:29 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• My son was 6 months and he stayed with my parents for one night. I can't remember #2 but I think she was a little over 2 and #3 is 6 months and still has not spent the night away from me yet!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• About 4 months old for my oldest and like 9 months I wanna say for my youngest. My now 4 year old spends usually one night a week at my mom's. She won't keep my youngest on that type of schedule until he gets potty trained.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 5:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2010

• 18 months said with my "friend" when I had to work nights
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 5:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2010